Thursday, September 10, 2009

Christmas Questions

So the Holly Season is fast approaching and it is truly a great time to be a Grandmother, BUT there are challenges, issues and questions on how to handle the season with the least amount of work, stress and a drain on your strength and your retirement fund. When I was working full time as a librarian, it was fun to give my favorite books to each grandchild. That was when I had a handful of little ones. Now I have 33 and 2 more on the way so we have to rethink this practice, especially now with every cent assigned to its own pocket. I have talked to so many women who have creatively handled these problems, that I request the input of those who have walked this path to share your ideas. What works, what has been fun for you and your children, what about those who are lonely during the holidays, what are some meaningful activities that bring the true spirit of the season into your family, how can you give physically and still survive economically. What a wealth of information there is out there! .Share your successes
Subjects: Gifting, Recipes, Family Home Evening Ideas, Sharing your family with their In-Laws, Out of town, Knowing what would be appreciated....

2 comments:

  1. I came across this site and they had some pretty cool ideas. I personally think a letter from you maybe with a memory of a time with me, the kids, etc. would be something that always would be cherished. http://www.legacyproject.org/specialreports/giftideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally joining the families digital age and also coming to the relization that I too sooner than not, will become a grandmother. (Don't tell, but I can't wait) As for your ideas about Christmas, I like Allison's idea, you could scan some of the old pictures of a member of the family and tell a story, as you do so well, about that member. Send a few scrapbook do-dads with it so that each grandchild can make a scrapbook page for each member of the family that is highlighted each Christmas and at the end they will have a book full of memories of their ancesters. You could start with Lucile and go from there. Love you all very much...

    ReplyDelete